How do I claim for Grocery Insurance?
We know that, when a loved one passes away, it’s an incredibly stressful time. At Grosure, our aim is to ease your financial burden as soon as possible so you can carry on with life after the funeral. That’s why we are upfront about everything you need to do so we can process your claim and start paying out your monthly grocery benefit.
If you need to claim on the grocery insurance policy of a loved one, it’s important to give us all the information and documents we need as soon as possible.
First, you will need to complete a claim form. You can do this online here or call us on 011 042 9103 and we’ll help you complete this.
The following supporting documents must all be submitted along with your claim. They must be certified by a commissioner of oaths and be clear and legible:
- The death certificate of the insured
- BI-1663 (notification of death) and BI-1680 (a death report)
- The deceased’s ID (front and back if using an ID card)
- The claimant’s ID (front and back if using an ID card)
- Membership certificate
- Police report or statement if the death was due to unnatural causes
Grosure reserves the right to request additional documentation before finalising a claim.